||Bachelorstudium Bioinformatics 2013W
||(*)Data analysis and visualization are essential to most fields in science and engineering. The goal of this course is to provide students with a basic tool chest of methods for pre-processing, analyzing, and visualizing scientific data.
- Scatter plots and box plots
- Basics of classification
- Basics of regression
- Principal component analysis (+ visualization, including spectral maps)
- Singular value decomposition (+ visualization)
- Matrix factorization (+ visualization)
- Independent component analysis
||(*)The final grade is based on a combined assessment of homework and a final exam.
||(*)Slide presentations complemented by online demos and examples presented on the blackboard; demos are based on the scientific computing platform R
||(*)Electronic course material and example code are made available for download