||Masterstudium Computer Science 2013W
||This practical course complements the lecture "Theoretical Concepts of Machine Learning" and aims at practicing the concepts and methods acquired in the lecture.
- Generalization error
- Bias-variance decomposition
- Error models
- Model comparisons
- Estimation theory
- Statistical learning theory
- Worst-case and average bounds on the generalization error
- Structural risk minimization
- Bayes framework
- Evidence framework for hyperparameter optimization
- Optimization techniques
- Theory of kernel methods
||Marking is based on homework
||Students are given assignments in 1-2 week intervals. Homework must be handed. Results are to be presented and discussed in the course.
||Assignments and homework submissions are managed via JKU Moodle.
Where necessary, complimentary course material is provided for download.